Back to main page

BREAKING NEWS - A Message From Phil...

Greetings to all, I've decided to write this in response to the articles that surfaced last weekend regarding my retirement. Why they were printed at all is a mystery, as I haven't spoken to anybody in the press for a few months.

However, many of the articles printed over the last few months have ended up painting a picture of me that is more than a little distorted. Therefore, I would like to add my comments and try to explain again my reasons for calling it a day.

1/ I'm not stopping because of dodgy reviews or bad treatment in the press.

2/ I'm not stopping because I don't feel loved, I know I still have a very large fanbase that loves what I do. Thank you.

3/ I'm not stopping because I don't fit in, this was proved with "Going Back" reaching No 1 in the UK, and doing incredibly well worldwide.

4/ I'm not stopping so I can dive full time into my interest for the Alamo.

I am stopping so I can be a full time father to my two young sons on a daily basis.

Some of the things mentioned above have been said by me in various interviews, but said as asides with a smile on my face and in passing. They were not meant to be "headlines", they were small parts of a conversation. This clearly doesn't come over in print and I should know better.

However, the result is that I have ended up sounding like a tormented weirdo who thinks he was at the Alamo in another life, who feels very sorry for himself, and is retiring hurt because of the bad press over the years.

None of this is true.

Thanks for all your messages on the Forum regarding this stuff, it means a lot that you care.
But there's no need for the straitjacket !

PC x

""

COMMENTS

Greetings!  Question: Do Workaholics ever really retire?

Cecilia Leppen

Posted 1 year 41 weeks ago

hi phil my name is gary,i just felt the need to leave you a message regarding your retierment and to thank you for the decades of outstanding music you and the boys have put out, enjoy your retirement and be happy regards gaz.

frew1965

Posted 2 years 27 weeks ago

Hello, My name is Patricia,and I really enjoy your music Phil. You are really talented guy. My favorite songs are Sussudio, Hang in there, In the air tonight, Do you remember and Two hearts in different versions one with Madonna. I had downloaded that on my ipod and I really like listening to it when I am on my way to and from school. I just recently come aross a few of your songs in the 70s called "Stagnation" which is very calming and another one which I cannot remember and the ones in the 80s called Anything She Does", "Never A Time" on the we can dance album and "Just The Way Of World". Normally, I don't like Rock which is hard but your music has evolved and your songs get better as you do Phil. And in 2005 Take a look and In My Heart. And lastly, I like the one you recorded Only you know where you jump up and down at laughed at that, and an extended version I really, really like I can dance to. Did you record any Christmas songs? If you did what were they? And if you didn't why didn't you? Oh, I like your accent if you don't mine me saying so. It's really kinda cute. I like how you are down to earth. When I saw you with the audience in your concerts. I wish I had went to your concerts I bet they were the best,crowded but great. I hope that you can respond back. Thanks, and I really pray that your wrists get better and your back also. You are awesome and talented. Bye.

Trish125000

Posted 2 years 31 weeks ago

THANK U VERY MUCH FOR UR SONGS, IT ILL ALWAYS REMAIN IN MY HEART LIKE U SAID IN ONE OF SONG, I LOVE IT EVER SINCE AND I ILL ALWAYS DO... ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR THOSE LOVELY SONG..

steven

Posted 2 years 37 weeks ago

Phil, you're the best that i've ever heard so far. I'm young and fell in love with your music.You're such a cleaver musician and your lyrics such amazing.Thoughtfully written.I am from Ghana,West Africa.I want you to know We love you. Your songs can't just die.Tt's always fresh whenever played.Thanks. As for the media, we're aware of their  activities.Your decision is right and forever you'll remain.God bless you Phil.

danny

Posted 2 years 38 weeks ago

Hi Phil - I have enjoyed your heartfelt, wrll written music for years. You are truly a hard act to follow.  Of course it is commendable to be committed to your family.  My hope is that from time to time you will consider releasing yet just 'one more song, give us just one more song....I won't live forever.'  Sincerely....

truecolors4u2

Posted 2 years 41 weeks ago

Thanks Phil Collins for all your music... I know this page is for leaving comments but I really need to ask you for a big big favor.. Hope you can listen to me... Thanks again for the great music and have a wonderful day!

bettongo

Posted 2 years 44 weeks ago

most of your fan base are aware of the negative press reports and take it all with a pinch of salt. we all know critics are bitter failures. HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW.   well done PC

darren dance

Posted 2 years 46 weeks ago

Hello Phil. I've been a fan of yours for many, many, many years. You truly have a gift that touches many lives. Thanks for all you've given those of us who love your music. Had heard you were retiring due to health issues. Glad to see that isn't the case. Being there for your children is very important. I admire your dedication to them. Best of luck. Keeping it real,Andelyn

Andelyn

Posted 2 years 47 weeks ago

I will Miss you Phil, really wanted to see you one last time, but family is king! Nearly got to meet you in Brisbane but my then husband refused to pick up the back stage tickets! Ah well what will be will be. All the best. Love you madly.

chardanik

Posted 2 years 49 weeks ago

I love you Phil! Keep rocking!

beautiful1273

Posted 2 years 51 weeks ago

Hello Phil!!

This is from your trombonist from the Phil Collins Big Band. My lifetime goal was to play in your horn section during a regular tour. I guess that will not happen now. I wish that we would have done at least one more big band tour as well. I've had a rough go at it since December 15th of 2006. I had a very bad accident that paralyzed me for almost a year! Now, with lots of work on my own, I'm able to walk, and do the things I love to do, but with extreme pain. I hope that we can keep in touch. I've heard that you now have an email address. Maybe you can send me an email soon.

Your "Yea Man" trombonist

Scott Bliege

scott.bliege@gmail.com

Scott Bliege

Posted 2 years 51 weeks ago

HELLO PHIL, I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF YOURS SINCE I WAS A TEENAGER.

WHEN WILL YOU EVER COME TO NEW ORLEANS, I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO SEE YOU,

KATHY QUIRK

kathy8024

Posted 3 years 7 weeks ago

Hi Phil,

I would love to see you come Sydney Australia for a tour. I know you are taking a break at the moment. But it would be so awesome to see you out here. I know you could sell out concerts over here. I can not even remember the last time you was out here. I have seen you live once but that was many years ago when I was very young in England. So Hopefully within a few more years you come out here. I love your music it is awesome I also watch Buster a lot because I love the story line in that Movie. You played a great part in it. Hope to see in Sydney Australia in the future it would be awesome. All your songs are excellent although A groovy kind of love is the best folllowed by two hearts and another day in Paradise.

david1978

Posted 3 years 7 weeks ago

Buscando cosas sobre tí en internet he visto que en marzo salío una noticia sobre tu retirada y me asusté. Afortunadamente en tu web desmientes tal noticia. Me alegro muchísimo de que sigas activo. Aunque bien es verdad que obviamente eres libre para retirarte cuando quieras y si te decides a hacerlo, tendrás mi apoyo incondicional, aunque eso suponga dejar de conocer temas nuevos tuyos. Un abrazo.

sadwing

Posted 3 years 8 weeks ago

Firstly - let me say this phil. I've been watching some of the footage of genesis live in rome on youtube. it's difficult to know what to say other than what you potentially stand to leave behind you is a massive legacy and you will be missed. i think that footage is some of the best genesis i have ever heard and seen. no, i am not a die hard genesis fan or a "man wearing a fishing hat."

I am a father myself of two small children and i had them later in my life so i can understand your perspective of wanting to spend time with your children and watching them grow up.

Never say never phil. there is a quote that says "if they don't chase you when you walk away - keep walking"

Your work isn't done mate

mike

themikatron

Posted 3 years 8 weeks ago

I have enjoyed your music for longer than i care to remember. It heals a broken heart, brightens your day & makes you want to dance. If you have retired then you can have pride in what you have done with your life & devote your caring to your children with the knowlege that you are appreciated by millions of people in this world....Quite an accomplishment...Enjoy your children & create lovely memories with them...Cheers & thank you.

peppa253

Posted 3 years 8 weeks ago

Hi phill, small and I have followed your music since 38 years now I have my favorite, too bad for me I could not go to a concert in Chile, but good anyway I'm glad you downturn, dedicating yourself to your s children because in my case I do the same with my three children, and always remember this, that children are the "greatest treasure the world, " the most beautiful and something that is priceless in this life, I congratulate you very much for your decision, please remember that if someday you come back to the music, we ask all fans of Chile (South America) to give us a concert, you'll be waiting, good luck in your new life of truth. "another day in paradise" my favorite subject, I live every day with my family, great song.
is now just listen to your songs

greetings to all your family ...

Sergio Lopez

SANTIAGO DE CHILE greetings

sergio lopez

Dear Phil Collins,

You have God in the heart?

Where it is its love for the people adore who you?

You are loved by millions of people!

Where it is its faith and will of being happy?

What you want more? It loves you to the world!

Remember, you is not a simple mortal?

God gave dom to you of being one astro to shine intensely!

Antônio Geraldo...

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

respect to a man who knows what he wants, time with your children is the most precious time of your life and too many people only realise this when it's too late. Just want to say thanks though, your music has been in my life from my early days ( I'm 46 ) and is also a part of my childrens lives. Nice one Phil

Gaz

GB6465

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

I have always been a fan of you ever since I was a child. I grew up with your music. And now that I am a 28 year- old male nurse, I still think of your music as a treasure to keep in my heart. My mother is also a fan of you and perhaps she has influenced me a lot to love your songs. I love them, and I will always do.

More power to you! I "like" you in my facebook account.

Marvin Estrella

Phil

In a time nearly 30 years ago, when I wasn't sure where I fit in, I found your music. It has been there in the best and worst of times in my life. If your decision to leave is for good...your music lives on the hearts of millions. Thank you for the memories.

D.S.

Somewhere, Florida USA

rhinojr64

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

What more to say after all that has been said here, just understand that sometimes have priorities that outweigh all the rest. Whenever I talk to my friends that there are two singers in the world masculinios deserve my admiration as an artist and human being: Bono and you. When I married, the soundtrack was a song his own. When I separated, I overcame the pain by listening to your music. And I think when a person stands in the lives of others she should feel happy and gratified. And you certainly can feel like: a great person, a wonderful human being and an unforgettable artist. Do the best for you, Phil: Be happy.

Ricardo Jardim

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

i wish you the best in whatever direction your life takes you.. but please consider coming to seattle  ( the art  and music mecca)  we need to have  one of your concerts here. i have never been to one but i have listened to your music for many years. i  could only hope to be in your shoes... if i didnt have to work i sure wouldnt.. i would travel the world , continue my volunteer work and do whatever i wanted to... life is very short and over in a flash.. ENJOY.....cheryl :)

cher98115

cher98115

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

Hello ! I was attending a genesis concert for the first time when you came to Genoa (was it 70? or '71? who can remeber after so many years..) and then your music has been  one of my main sound-track for all these many years.

Now I wish to thank you for all great emotions I got, and I wish to you long and happy times for the years to come together your sons and family.

But, as in our life, "never say never,", who knows... maybe I'll got another "another (my) day in Paradise" with another your concert. In the meanwhile, all the best for your future.

Fabrizio - Genoa/Italy

faberdok

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

I am very sad to see you go. Going to miss your concerts. My mother and I have been to every concert you have had here in Colorado. It became a "standing date" since I was young. No matter how much tickets where we managed to make it. My mother has been a fan as far back as I can remember. She taught me a great appreciation for music (all kinds) since I was young. I have tought my children the same. My kids mostly listen to hip hop or metal but when I ask them what their favorite song in the whole world is....it is yours! I dedicated "You'll be In My Heart" to my kids for the times in their lives when I cannot be there physically with them. My kids are in there 20's now but they tell me that they "look over their shoulder" and know that I AM there. When my oldest is thinking of me he said he plays that song over and over. Also he plays it for his son now. I can play anything when they are over but I put in "Philipe" and we all jam out. Same happens when I go to MY mothers. Your music has always been my favorite. I can always find one of your songs to fit my mood no matter what. Wishing you the best of times with your children. They are the best part of life. Good luck in the future and if you feel the need to come back (even if only for a song in a movie) you know all your fans will just love it! I think your music in Tarzan is the only reason I truly liked the movie. Never cared for it before your soundtrack. And never cried until it had your music either! Think I will close this wishing you the best in all your endevours and let you "Take Me Home" (home to the best music EVER!!!

avsfan36

Phil,

Congratulations on the new chapter in your life, its admirable and honest posting the above and taking a step back from the life you love in order to teach your boys to live the same... Its awesome.

My only complaint is that you arent coming DOWN UNDER :), you are one of my biggest musical influences and i cant beleive i am not going to be able to say goodbye alone with the rest of the world

xoxo Love Kimmy from Darwin, Northen Territory, Australia

KimmyinOz

Dear Phil,

Just a quick note to say Thank you for all the years of great music, and to wish you the best in the direction you have chosen.

Respectfully,

Penny Ruff

Potterville, Michigan USA

pruff

Posted 3 years 9 weeks ago

I've been a big big fan all the way through. Still play your songs, in fact Monday 23rd I sadly have to attend my nephew Nigel's funeral and I chose your song "You're in my heart" as one of the songs for the service.  All the very best to you and yours enjoy your time with your boys

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES PHILL XX

Treacle

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

PHIL ESCRIBO ESTO EN ESPERA QUE REALMENTE LO LEAS... SABES SOY UNA PERSONA DE 33 AÑOS DE EDAD Y DESDE LOS 12 AÑOS DE EDAD ESCUCHE TU MUSICA Y ME ENCANTO.. PARA MI ERES DE LOS MEJORES CANTANTES Y MUSICOS DEL MUNDO. Y SIEMPRE FUE MI SUEÑO ASISTIR AUN CONCIERTO TUYO. DESAFORTUNADAMENTE, POR CUESTIONES ECONOMICAS NO HABIA TENIDO LA POSIBILIDAD. HOY YA SIENDO UNA PERSONA ADULTA, CON UN TRABAJO ESTABLE Y FAMILIA. ME PROPUSE ASISTIR AL PROXIMO CONCIERTO QUE REALIZARAS... ES POR ESTO QUE ENTRE A TU PAGINA, PARA AVERIGUAR CUALES SERIAN LAS PROXIMAS GIRAS... Y HOOO SORPRESA... VEO EN TU PAGINA PRINCIPAL QUE ANUNCIAS TU RETIRO... LA VERDAD NO SE NI LO QUE SIENTO.. UN SUEÑO DE HACE MUCHOS AÑOS SE VUELVE IMPOSIBLE. SE QUE ERES  UN PROFECIONAL EN LO QUE HACES Y QUE TE ENCANTA LO QUE HACES... PERO TAMBIEN ENTIENDO QUE LA FAMILIA LO ES TODO, Y ES LO QUE MAS AMAMOS EN LA VIDA... AGRADESCO DE TODO CORAZON TODOS LOS ALBUMES Y VIDEOS QUE NOS DISTE. ESTOY SEGURO QUE NADIE CAMBIARA ESO EN LA HISTORIA DE LA MUSICA. ERES EL MEJOR. Y SI ALGUN DIA EXISTE LA POSIBILIDAD QUE ORGANICES OTRA GIRA, O POR LOMENOS ALGUN CONCIERTO DE DESPEDIDA, ME ENCANTARIA ASISTIR. ESPERO AVISEN A LOS QUE AQUI NOS INSCRIBIMOS. EN HORA BUENA CON TU FAMILIA. Y TE DESEO LO MEJOR DE LA VIDA.  ATTE: RICARDO MARIN SUAREZ NO EL FAN NUMERO UNO, PERO SI UNA PERSONA QUE APRECIA MUCHO SU TRABAJO Y RECONOCE LO IMPORTANTE QUE ES USTED PARA LA MUSICA. RECIBA UN SALUDO Y FUERTE ABRAZO DESDE MEXICO DE ALGUIEN QUE LO ADMIRA MUCHO.

locodaddy6664

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

I am a Canadian from Nova Scotia, and I have enjoyed your artistry in music from the time you were with Genesis (your crystal voice always stood out). I moved to Jamaica and was fortunate enough to procure your songs on cassettes during my time living there. I did not realize how much I played your music until my daughter sent me your double disc cd's of your greatest hits last year for my birthday. I was so shocked that she knew that I loved your music; however, I now realize that I played your tapes incessantly during the time I lived in Jamaica. I remembered the song Chinese Wall that you provided background vocals, and drums with Phil Baily of Earth Wind and Fire. I have not heard that song for over 24 or more years, and I could not help but play it tonight repeatedly. There is something about this song that is just transcendant.

I just wanted to convey to you that I "LOVE" your work. I still have your cassettes, and I'm happy to now possess cd's so I can listen to a compilation of your music. I hope you enjoy your time with your children, as it is paramount that you spend quality time with your loved ones since it will not be long before your boys will become adults. I love hearing your voice, which is just so unique and beautiful, and I appreciate your skills as it pertains to percussion and drum instruments. I would have loved to have seen you in concert. I hope you will be able to find the time to get back to your music.

Best wishes!

I remain, a devoted fan

Ethel Tomlinson

telly23

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

Te escribo en español porque no hablo ingles. Nunca le escribi un mensaje personal y me parece increible que lo este haciendo ahora. Soy fan de Genesis y suyo desde hace 24 años. Desde esa epoca su musica marco mi vida para siempre, tanto su carrera solista como con Genesis. Mis recuerdos estan plenamente ligados a su musica. Me han hecho disfrutar, llorar y emocionarme una y otra vez con sus acordes y melodias. Actualmente cuando los escucho siento la misma pasion que senti en todos estos años. En mi pais, Argentina, existe una banda recientemente aceptada como oficial a nivel mundial que interpreta la musica de Genesis, esta banda es  Bad Dreams. Siempre voy a sus presentaciones junto a muchos otros que disfrutan de la buena y nunca superada musica de Genesis. Usted merece lo mejor, junto a sus hijos y seres queridos. Simplemente gracias, muchas gracias por tantos años de compañia, de emociones y de recuerdos. Disfrute junto a su familia de un muy buen y merecido descanso.

Desde Argentina un gran abrazo de un fanatico que nunca lo va a dejar de admirar.

FABIAN

Elconde

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

you are my idol nº1 in the world the nº2 is your sun simon ;) the best singers i love you , you are the best big kiss from portugal

subtileza

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

Phil I personally have followed you and your music for years. I am a fan that loves you and what you give of yourself at each and every concert. My personal favorite was seeing you back-to-back on year on my birthday! Thanks for those memories and the wonderful backstage party in Tinley Park, Il at the Tweeter Center. I was touched listening to you warm up thinking, this man's voice is truely a gift from God.

The media is always bending and twisting things but the important thing is it's what your loyal fans think that counts. No one can blame you for wanting to spend more time with your sons. Enjoy them for they grow so fast. Keep us all in your heart as we will you and your music. We hope one day you will once again grace us with your presence and the music we all know word for word and love. Thank you for all you have given to us from the very start.

Forever Your Loyal Fan,

Dawn B.

dawnsheart

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

Hi Phil!

I was 10 when I first listened to your music , at the 90's .  By that time I didn´t pay much attention to it, but 3 years ago I happened to take an old cassette of Phil Collins and I just fell in love not only with your music but also with you.

I think you are quite a great musician! good at playing every kind of instrument , sweet singing( just like a bird) , good person , great dad! If I were one of your wives, believe me I wouldn´t have let you go ever!

There are people who just don´t like you, but who cares , asides there are also people like me, who really appreciate your work and music and want Phil Collins for ever.

Congratulations for your attitude and maturity, I can tell from those  once again the great man you are.

Love ,

Natalia, from Chile.

natalia

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

Hi Phil

I just wanted to say how much Genesis have been a part of my life and how much I still love the music. At fifthteen I slept for 2 nights on the streets of London for tickets to see you at the Lyceum Ballroom in May 1980...the rest is history with Genesis being my favourite band for the last 30 years.

I have been lucky enough to see Genesis a total of 6 times including 'six of the best' in 1982....most recently at Twickenham....and I also saw you in Glasgow on your farewell tour....I have some incredible memories.

I just wanted to say how much I love you, Mike and Tony...amazing guys, fantastic musicians. On a personal note I respect that you are taking a back seat for your kids and wish you well.

Phil Collins will always be a god to me and I can only thank you for what you have given me in my life. All the best in whatever you go on to do.

You're amazing.

Tony

Chester, Cheshire.

Pennydog123

Posted 3 years 10 weeks ago

nana mary

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

Hi phil, at age 8 I first heard second out, from then until now I still listening to you. Like the vast majority of your compositions, etc, etc, when you come to Argentina I went to see, and I loved it.
It seems barbaric to dedicate yourself to your children (Family), is the best thing you can do.
Greetings
Paul

my English is a mess, sorry to all

pablonono

Phil,

Long time fan and listner, and because of you and Genesis, and other bands I do not listen to the media or what others say. I listen to the lyrics of your songs all the way back to Trespass 1970, and for me, they fit right into my belief system. The media has always been the ones to lie, make up and exaggerate on everything they do, that is their job. Of course you would want to be a full time father now, you have been going since 1969 , and I must say are still one of the best musicians, and song writers of this world, along with Peter Gabriel, Mike Rutherford, Tony Banks and Steve Hackett. It is time for you to retire and enjoy the show. We have all the Phil Collins albums, fans anyways, and we can always listen to them when we need or want to, as it always cheers me up to hear your voice. My husband had passed away from cancer, age 41, on Easter Sunday of all days. Listening to Genesis and your solo work helps me a lot. Take me home, True Colours (I know Cyndi Lauper did the original but I like your version more), I can't stop loving you, Follow you Follow me, are just some that are helping me through this slump. Thank you so much for sharing with the world your awesome talents. I will always listen.

Kim :)

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

shoggyshog

Dear Phil,

Im Pablo Lohrmann from Argentina, Bariloche, 44, I pass all my adolescence and adult age up with your songs, with genesis first, then only with you. I remember i cant i believe is true when i use to go to dance, in the 80's.

My dougter and son both (14 and 11) enjoy your music the same my wife and me. Last nigth with my son tremble with "in the glow of the nigth", for me, one of the best. This means universality and timelessness!!!

I never thought being writing to you, but the technology....

at first we (my family) were very worried about your health, now we are relieved.

Is goog passing time with the sons, enjoy.

you fit, you are loved.

thanks for all Phil. see you, is very hard express the feelings in another language, but you now..

Pablo

plohrmann

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

It's OK Phil.  We didn't buy any of that baloney anyway.  You're a good man and a rock solid human being obviously at peace with himself and thats something to be admired.  Thanks for all the great work so far.

Greg Tiefel

Hi Phil,

I'm a singer/songwriter/guitarist myself and you were my first inspiration!

I love your music, have always loved your music and will always love your music.

The first thing I ever saw and heard was your version and video of You Can't Hurry Love on MTV when I was 9 years old and I was absolutely hooked.

That was the 1st song I ever fell in love with and I just loved the video. To this day your voice, backing vocals and drumming along with the string arrangement, etc. sound as beautiful as ever to my ears and to my heart.

As a young kid I'd watch MTV every chance I had hoping I would be lucky enough to catch the video as often as possible.

When I was 9 THE most important gift I was hoping for at Christmas was Hello I Must Be Going.

At the time I was a little young and didn't have a full grasp of what albums were so I remember asking for "The album with Phil Collins singing You Can't Hurry Love" :)

Fortunately my parents were kind enough to pick up Hello I Must Going and also took it upon themselves pick up ABACAB for me as well and those were the 1st 2 cassettes I ever had ...and still have after all these years.

The cassettes didn't have the lyrics but I loved Hello I Must Be Going so much that I literally sat down for hours, listened to each song and then wrote out the lyrics for the entire album in a notebook I had. I was so passionate that I even offered to write out the lyrics to the entire album for my friends! I just loved it!

(I would love it if they made a Classic Albums dvd for Hello I Must Be Going and ABACAB)

Then I listend to ABACAB and just absolutely loved it! After that I bought and loved everything you guys put out.

I have those 2 albums along with the Genesis Album (with Mama etc.) in my truck right now and for me they are still just absolutely perfect.

The writing, performances, arrangements, and especially the lead vocals & backing vocals are so soulful, passionate and exquisite.

The sound quality and the mixing are just so on the money. Hugh Padgham is just a fantastic engineer and seems like nice guy. You guys were a great team.

Your vocals on those records and on the live versions are just phenomenal. Being a singer myself, I'd watch and listen to the power and range of your voice and wonder, "How the hell is he able to sing like that night after night after night and not blow his voice out?! He's superhuman!" Amazing.

I hear and appreciate every little imaginative detail, every hit, ever fill, etc that you put into every song especially your drumming.

Speaking of drums, you are also my all time favorite drummer. Just the best! From Genesis, to your solo stuff to the Brand X stuff. When listening to Unorthodox Behavior, your drumming is what my ears focus on the most. "Running of Three" is my favorite....your drumming is just absolutely killer.

I eventually got to see you guys live on the We Can't Dance tour and it was one of the best shows I'd ever been to.

I could go on forever but I will stop now.

I've always hoped that I could meet you one day so I could just tell how much your music means to me.

You are one of the greatest singer/songwriter/drummer/producer/musicians I've ever had the pleasure of watching and listening to.

You are a treasure and a gift to the world of music.

You and your music are extremely loved and I just want say thank you for all the joy and inspiration it has given me and for all the times your music made me smile.

Sincerely,

Nick Bukuvalas

nbukuvalas

Dear Mr. Collins,

Like everyboby else I have been a big fan for a lot of years. you are a musical genius and a true maestro. I can understand  your decision to retire and spend Time with your family> I do regret that I and the love of my life could not get to see you in concert. Wishing you all the best and leaving you an open invitation to return to Australia for a farewell concert.

Regards

V. W.

vwittmann

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

That is fantastic Phil. No greater reason to let all else go than for the sake of true loved ones. A big fan. B

bernardinetiongco

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

Thank Goodness!  I am so happy all is well!  Enjoy life Phil.  You have given us so much joy and it will never end.  God Bless you and your family.

AnaBanana

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

PHIL COLLINS A LIVING LEGEND!!!!!! BEST SONG-WRITER/VOCALIST/PERFORMER, THE LIST GOES ON!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR TIME WITH FAMILY. YOU DESERVE THE BEST PHIL. A TOTAL MUSICAL GENIUS.

JOHN, LIVERPOOL, ENGLAND

john2k11

Dear Mr. Phil Collins
is a great honor for me to write. I'm an Italian girl and I'm 20 years old.
Let's say that I recently discovered his voice and I fell in love, I am very happy of hislatest album (of course beautiful) and I hope to continue to give us these greatsuccesses. I look forward to his next concert in Italy, so I could enjoy his show on the front row. Finally, I hope with all my heart that can read what I wrote.

Thank you .. ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE!

Jlenia

littleJle89

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Collins, I´ve been a big fan of your work since I was a teenager, I still remember the first time I´ve heard "Another day in paradise" a song that

javier1975

Posted 3 years 11 weeks ago

I am Brazilian and eleven years old .. I am a big fan of yours I really appreciate your work and ... I would love you to keep singing anddoing lots of touring ... especially here in Brazil .... then you do notwant to retire ... OK ... Hugs

Osvaldo de Frei...